Discover the magic of Antarctica through Mr. Collinson’s firsthand stories from his 17 expeditions to Antarctica, along with viewing his stunning photographs and detailed maps.
- Geography, glaciers, mountain ranges, the Southern Ocean, climate and climate change
- Territorial claims, Cold War politics, and the Antarctic Treaty
- Exploration led by early explorers including Roald Amundsen, Robert F. Scott, Ernest Shackleton, and Richard E. Byrd
- American presence in Antarctica
- Geology, paleontology, and plate tectonics
- “Sinfonia Antartica” by Vaughan Williams
- Tourism, with an overview of cruises and a virtual tour of the Antarctic Peninsula by cruise ship
- Membership is required to register for all courses, lectures, and special programs, if you do not have a current membership one will be added to your cart at check out.
- OLLI membership fees and course tuition are critical to the Institute’s sustainability and are non-refundable.